- PEI Employment Standards Act
- PEI Occupational Health and Safety Act & Regulations
- PEI Regulated Health Professions Act
Nova Scotia Employment Legislation
- NS Labour Standards Code
- NS Occupational Health and Safety Act and Occupational Safety General Regulations
New Brunswick Employment Legislation
Newfoundland and Labrador Employment Legislation
Federal Employment Legislation
- Canada Labour Code
- Employment Standards (Labour Standards), Health and Safety, Labour Relations and Workers’ Compensation are all addressed at this link Canada Labour Program.
- National Standard of Canada for Psychological Health and Safety in the Workplace (Standard) http://www.mentalhealthcommission.ca/English/issues/workplace/national-standard This document is a voluntary standard that employers are not (yet) legislated to follow.
PEI HR Toolkit This is a free online resource containing information about HR on Prince Edward Island. It is funded by Skills PEI and supported by the Greater Charlottetown Area Chamber of Commerce.
Innovation PEI has programs that offer funding to businesses for advancing their human resources practices.
- Human Resources Planning helps companies with the costs to hire a consultant to develop a human resource action plan.
- Professional Services Assistance you may apply for through the Government of Prince Edward Island for up to 50 per cent of the cost to engage a professional business consultant (Business or marketing planning, not to exceed $1,000; or Management skills training, not to exceed $500, in business areas such as accounting and finance, HR, marketing and production.)