Port Charlottetown is currently seeking a qualified candidate for the full-time permanent Finance and Administration Officer position.
Port Charlottetown (Charlottetown Harbour Authority Inc.)
Position: Finance and Administrative Officer
Status: Full-time Permanent (37.5 hours per week)
Location: Charlottetown, PEI
For full description, click here.
Port Charlottetown is the busiest common-user marine terminal facility in Prince Edward Island, welcoming the bulk of cruise business to the Island as well as sand, gravel, petroleum products and agricultural fertilizer. The Port also operates the Charlottetown Seaport and Founders Food Hall and Market. The Finance and Administrative Officer is involved in all operations of Port Charlottetown.
The Finance and Administrative Officer is responsible for coordinating accounts payable, accounts receivable, and maintaining appropriate financial documentation in an organized system. Other responsibilities will include producing monthly accounting reports, making accurate monthly remittances, recording deposits to the general ledger as well as processing payable and received cheques, providing assistance with annual audit working papers, ensuring the timely and accurate invoicing and vouchering, processing payroll (for 6-10 employees), updating the internal database and administrative duties related to bookkeeping and administration. Other duties will be assigned as necessary.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or other related field
- 3 to 5 years of experience in accounts payable/accounts receivable, and/or general bookkeeping
- Strong working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Practices
- Advanced proficiency with Simply Accounting software and Microsoft Office suite
- Able to effectively communicate and collaborate
- Strong problem identification and solving skills
- Experience and knowledge in dealing with accounting systems, budgets, internal controls, business planning, and asset management is desirable
- CPA designation preferred
- Legally entitled to work in Canada is required
Deadline: Friday, August 9, 2019
Thank you to all those who apply; however, only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Clients who have previously filled their positions include: